Restoring any teeth damage is essential to preserve the structure, appearance, and overall wellness of patients. Thanks to dentistry, multiple dental treatments are made available to cater to each patient’s needs.
Inlays and Onlays are types of indirect fillings used to restore teeth that are beyond the repair of direct fillings or not too damaged for dental crowns. It is known to be a more conservative treatment than other restorations which make it preferable for other patients.
At Stein Family Dentistry, we help restore and preserve their teeth with multiple dental treatments including Inlays and Onlays! We want to provide only the best dental services that can help our patients attain their optimum health for years to come.
A Brief Overview of Inlays and Onlays
Whether the damage is results of injuries, accidents, or tooth decay, indirect restorations can take care of the teeth and prevent the damage from progressing further that may cause other dental complications.
- Inlays are used to restore the portion of the teeth located on the center without extending to the cusps.
- Onlays on the other hand, are often referred to as partial crowns since it can cover the entire top surface of a tooth extending the cusps.
These procedures are better than having large fillings that can eventually cause the teeth to fracture or crowns which requires the removal of more tooth structure.
Facts About Inlays and Onlays
- Inlays and Onlays preserve more of the teeth’s natural structure.
- It makes the cleaning of the treated area much easier.
- Compared to other restorations, the material used for inlays and onlays do not shrink over time.
- They are generally used for the posterior teeth which are the Molars and Premolars.
- Multiple materials such as porcelain, composite resin, and even gold can be used depending on the patient’s preference and the dentist’s recommendation.
- The materials used are durable and stable. If proper dental hygiene and care are practiced regularly, it is guaranteed to last long in preserving the teeth.Inlays and onlays do not only preserve the tooth’s damaged structure, but it also helps in preventing the damage from progressing further. A treated tooth is kept healthy and fully functional like the other natural structure for a better overall dental health and wellness of patients.
Restore and strengthen your teeth through Inlays and Onlays in Spokane, WA. Call us to book your appointment at Stein Family Dentistry. We are located at 520 S. Cowley St., Suite 105, Spokane, WA 99202.
Comments are closed.