Most people give extra care to their appearance while others are more concerned with their health. One of the aspects where patients allot more attention to is their dental health, especially when it comes to the teeth’s health, appearance and structure. Tooth loss can be considered as one of the major reasons why people seek to have tooth replacement and undergo dental procedures not just to improve cosmetic issues, or dental health-related problems, but as well as to boost their confidence in socializing with other people and showing off their best smile.
One of the ideal options to replace single or multiple missing teeth is through dentures. Dentures have come a long way in helping patients improve their smile, appearance, and overall dental health, from the alternatives the ancestors had used and to the modern techniques. Thankfully, dentures were invented! Here at Stein Family Dentistry, we care for our patient’s holistic development and health; that is why we offer Denture Stabilization, Fixed Dentures, and traditional Dentures.
Tips to Make your Dentures Last
- Wearers can feel discomfort on the first few days when fitted into the mouth. Make sure not to use force when inserting the dentures in the mouth or when taking it off.
- When patients eat with their new dentures, start with soft foods such as lightly cooked vegetables to gradually adjust with the change.
- Make sure to remove the dentures before going to sleep. It will give the mouth a chance to rest.
- If the wearer has natural teeth, try to bite with them rather than the new artificial ones. Take small bites and chew the food slowly.
- Some dentures need to be kept moist. Soak the dentures overnight in a container with water or mild denture-soaking solution to maintain their shape.
- Gently brush the dentures daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive denture cleanser to remove leftover food particles, dental plaques and other particles that are deposited between teeth and gums.
- Remove the dentures and clean them thoroughly after eating.
- Handle the dentures carefully. Although dentures are durable and can last long, wearers must still keep in mind that when dentures are dropped, they can break.
Like the natural teeth, dentures must be taken cared well to keep them in shape and maintain its effective function. Denture wearers must avoid abrasive cleaning materials, or solution, hot water, products which contain bleach, and whitening toothpaste for it may erode the dental prosthesis. Dentures that are not correctly fitted to the mouth may cause infection, sores, and irritation that may lead to acquiring periodontal or gum disease.
If you’re wearing dentures now and you’re not entirely comfortable with them, give us a call now. We can discuss our Denture Stabilization services and teeth replacement options. Replace your missing teeth with Dentures in Spokane, WA. At Stein Family Dentistry, we make sure that our patients get the best possible solutions for their missing teeth.
Comments are closed.